Monday, December 17, 2012

Keret’s house is only 4 feet wide but 30 feet high and 30 feet deep




Etgar Keret’s house is only 4 feet wide but that’s all he needs. He’s also one of my favorite short story writers. I just finished his collection, Suddenly a Knock at  the Door. I can’t tell if he’s insane, a magic realist, someone who is constantly beaten by life and bad relationships, or simply a great writer. Probably all of the above. I found on the blog, rookiemag, his 10 rules of Writing. For me, #9 is the most important in terms of the psychology of writing. Not only for writing  but for everything you endeavor to do in life. #4 is probably the most valuable tip for actual writing. And for starting a business. Always think from the middle and work outwards.

- James Altucher - rest of the story:   http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2012/12/10-more-rules-of-writing/

No comments: