Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve - moments of Memories - and Favorites

It started this morning - a delivery from Katz's Delicatessen - I didn't have to open it to know that my daughter had sent me a "Famous Salami" - aged to wrinkle - One of the great treats from New York City - a Favorite! see below

About noon my first Mail Delivery included New York Magazine - probably one of their best issues ever - a special "Double Issue" titled - "Reasons To Love New York - Right Now! - gift addition"  What makes NYC a one of a kind in this universe - is what it is all about - especially if you are not from NY or have not visited and been taken around. NYC is not really missed by me - as once you arrive - it picks up where you left off.

Well, and finally, after going to my HS Reunion and running into an old friend - we visited and she reminded me of what I didn't remember about High School, the 50's, drinking at the beach - making out - "heat" and all that goes with the ups and downs passion, etc.  Well.... I received another "all time favorite" - once a product of the candy department of the Famous Marshall Fields Department Store - Frango Chocolates! Whew....! I know now what I have 18 special bottles of my favorite wines - waiting for...." one bite, one sip" and so it goes.

This was a special Holiday season for me. There were 8 days of Chanukah and are 12 days of Christmas - I play no favorites - So at the beginning of December I ordered 20 days of presents to arrive (to me) during the 20 days of the Judeo-Christian holidays -  averaging about $100 per day - Of course I have only received all my Jewish presents and now the Christmas Presents will be coming starting today and for the next 12 days. Lucky me!

Yes, they are commercial holidays now - and material items feel good - and the Holidays are Religious -I don't believe in Religions - God and I have had several visits and either there were horses and or dogs around at the time - I really don't remember any Clergy in special garb having any significance in "our visits"
---not even any guidance - then who would need guidance to be with god.




Katzs





God Bless Me, My Family, Jackpot, The woman from Chicago, Boise Idaho, NYC, a few friends here and there and America!


 ( Judeo-Christian values are what distinguish America from all other countries. That is why American coins feature these two messages: "In God we trust" and "Liberty." ) 

No comments: